Oxygen Therapy for Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is a tick-borne illness caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi. Symptoms of an acute infection can include fever, headache, fatigue, and skin rash but the infection can also be completely asymptomatic.
Oxygen Therapy seeks to attack the disease with enriched oxygen, which increases blood flow. Lyme disease is a microaerophile, meaning that it thrives in low oxygen environments.
Oxygen Therapy, offers a unique treatment to Lyme disease that traditional therapies do not offer. As with most bacteria, the ones that cause Lyme disease are anaerobic. This means they are unable to survive in oxygen-rich environments. So, while the bacteria may develop resistance to traditional antibiotics, they cannot thrive in high levels of oxygen.
While traditional therapy begins with antibiotics, many Doctors are now adding Oxygen Therapy at the same time, allowing the two treatments to work together to effectively treat and cure.
Oxygen Therapy doesn’t just kill off the bacteria associated with Lyme disease. The high concentrations of oxygen help to treat symptoms and conditions that, for many, remain constant after test results show no more infection. Oxygen Therapy can provide relief when nothing else does. Conditions such as joint and muscle pain, chronic inflammation, cognitive complications, and nerve damage often return to normal during the treatment.
- Increases levels of oxygen in the blood- killing bacteria and viruses, while also removing heavy metals and toxins often present with Lyme disease.
- Increases the levels of oxygen in the blood help stimulate the production of additional stem cells in the body. These stem cells seek out and repair damaged tissue. This helps alleviate joint and muscle pain associated with chronic Lyme disease.
- Reduces the levels of inflammation in the body by helping to grow and establish new blood vessels to allow oxygen-rich blood to reach inflamed tissues.
- Stimulates the Production of White Blood Cells - promoting the production of white blood cells and give the body’s immune system a boost.
- Repairs Brain Function – pressurized levels of oxygen stimulating brain function and help restore cognitive abilities - memory and functional thinking.
Register for Our Services
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.