Oxygen Therapy for Cosmetic Surgery
People choose to have cosmetic procedures for all kinds of reasons. If you’re thinking of undergoing a cosmetic procedure, it’s important to understand how long it might take you to recover. Even in the hands of the most qualified plastic surgeon, cosmetic procedures can have a big impact on your body as you heal.
Dermal fillers have been increasingly used in minimally invasive facial aesthetic procedures. Severe complications are rare, but they do occur.
One of the most threatening complications after dermal filler injection is skin necrosis due to vascular occlusion (resulting in infection, swelling, pain). Different treatment options are available, including the use of Oxygen Therapy.
Oxygen Therapy can help fight these infections by enhancing the white blood cells’ ability to fight bacteria, build new connective tissues, and improve function.
What are the Benefits of Oxygen Therapy?
Activating the body’s natural healing processes and reviving damaged tissue are the most significant benefits of Oxygen Therapy sessions.
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Having an antibacterial effect
- Heal quicker and better
- Improving mitochondrial function (Mitochondria is often referred to as the powerhouses of the cell, they help convert energy we take from food into energy that the cell can use)
Recovery from cosmetic procedures such as liposuction, facelifts, breast augmentation, tummy tucks, hair transplants.
How can Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy help after cosmetic procedures?
Almost all cosmetic surgery patients will experience pain, swelling and bruising after their procedure. Depending on the surgery, they may feel tired and sore for several weeks afterward. Oxygen Therapy can help cosmetic surgery patients by:
- Accelerating recovery by up to 75%, helps to reduce swelling and discomfort while providing the body with at least 10-15 times its normal supply of oxygen.
- Improving healing, can dramatically reduce post-surgical bruising, swelling and inflammation. The increased collagen production can help minimize the appearance of scars.
- Reducing pain, can reduce the need for post-procedure pain medication. It can also elevate the body’s natural immune defences to fight infection and bacteria.
Register for Our Services
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.